This looks really sick! I'd love to see these physics implemented into a full Quest game!
VR Interaction Framework for Oculus Quest
A downloadable game for Android
This is a sandbox demo for the VR Interaction Framework developed for the Oculus Quest for Unity3D. This demo scene is included in the asset package.
Current features include :
- Physical Grabbing and Throwing of objects
- Buttons, Levers, Sliders, Joysticks, and other Physically activated objects
- Two-Handed Climbing
- Bow and Arrow Physics (Arrows can be picked up and reshot)
- Gun loading / charging. Can insert and remove the clip from a pistol.
- Hand Jet (like a jetpack, but in your hands!)
- Grappling Hook mechanic
- Slow time
- IK Arms and Body
- (Very) Basic Hand Tracking support
- Hold X to slow down time
- Click down the Left Thumb Stick to toggle between Teleport and Smooth Locomotion
- Hold Left Stick in a direction and release to Teleport
- Click down the Right Thumb Stick to toggle between hand models
- You can pick up most items with the Grip key
- You can grab an arrow from the bow using the trigger button near the middle of the string. You can also grab arrows off of the table, and reuse any after they have been shot
- The demo pistols must be manually reloaded. Insert a clip into the pistol and chamber a round in by pulling back the slide. You can also use the controller buttons to eject clips and release the slide instead of manually grabbing them.
More features to come soon! Please let me know if you come across any bugs or would like to see anything in the next update.
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
very nice work, I installed last night,, works great, I see two bugs,
1. facing robot, turn my head, the robot not turn head, but turn both arms,
2, back facing robot, waving arms, turn head look at robot, sometime the robot's arms are stuck inside the body.
nice to have a reset button on the table.
I can help testing too, I can test using different version unity, god knows how many different versions I got installed.
Awesome! Thanks for the feedback - very helpful! And I agree a reset button would be useful. I will add that to the list.
And also just fyi, I setup a forum post here : https://forum.unity.com/threads/released-vr-interaction-framework-for-oculus-quest.817614/
I think that would be a good spot to post asset updates, answer questions, post code snippets, and things like that. I'll post that link on the asset page for easy access.
This is great! Are you using Oculus Integration for this? If so - which version? What's the latest Unity version that this will work on?
hi there! Yes, this uses Oculus Integration. The Grabbing / Grabbable mechanic is a custom solution, but the Oculus SDK is used for things like playspace tracking, camera movement, hand tracking and things like that. I've tested this on Unity 2018 and 2019 and all works fine there.
The only thing you may need to do is upgrade the included the materials if you're using the LWRP . Otherwise some of the textures will be bright pink.
hey! let me know if you need a beta tester fo the framework
Definitely! I'll be uploading a new build soon, and hoping to get on asset store asap. I welcome the assistance! I'm definitely looking to keep extending this and have some interesting features in the works.