Dev Update 1.3
This is update adds a few features to the upcoming Tower Defense feature set, and fixes a few bugs with the AI. Check out the new Turrets and NPC Spawner in-game to see how they work.
- The Goal Crystal can now be destroyed by enemies. Create a Tower Defense game using turrets, NPC Spawners, and a waypoints.
- Can now set price, included ammo, and more on weapons
- Added Turret Base. Can be upgrade in Play Mode to Machine Gun, Electric Turret, or Laser. (WIP)
- Now need to press 'G' to start the first wave when using wave spawners, instead of starting automatically. This gives the player some time to purchase weapons or upgrade turrets.
- NPC Spawners can now be connected to Waypoints. Useful for sending groups of enemies to a location, tower
- Fixed AI Pooling Issue where NPC's wouldn't always respawn properly
- Zombie no longer damage each other when attacking. This was fun to watch, but ultimately made tower defense too easy.
- Ragdolls don't slide around on the ground as much anymore
- NPC Spawner now has a max number of NPC's spawned at a given time. This number will increase as performance increases.
- Flat chunks no longer their colliders as meshes, but are instead flat box colliders
- Enemies now use a List of NPC's instead of physics check for range. This is much more performant and should allow quite a bit more NPC's. Raycasts are still used for vision.
A big thanks to all who have commented or provided feedback! Thank you for the support, and don't forget to leave a comment if you have any questions or thoughts. More to come soon!
Get Super Voxel World
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.